Monday, May 9, 2011

Tuesday 1/25/2011- A day I will never forget

On a whim, I decided to POAS before work. When I got out of the shower and picked up the HPT, I saw the faintest 2nd line, but it was there ! I was shaking, crying ( happy tears) and laughing. I was trying to keep my composure to surprise the husband.

When I got out of the bathroom, I decided to tell him that I was thinking about testing. He said that he thought I should wait a couple of days because he thought it was too early. So, off I went to the bathroom and fished the HPT out of the trash. I showed it to him and asked 'Do you see a 2nd line????" He said he saw it but barely. I tried explaining the whole 'a line is a line' thing but he wasn't 100% convinced. I think he just didn't want to set himself up for a huge disappointment. Unbeknown to me, while at work, he was off googling away and realized I was right.

On my way to work, I decided to stop off at CVS to grab a digital. That would tell me one way or another with no need for interpreting anything. My original plan was to wait until I got home from work and do it then. I had a very busy day at work with meetings basically all day. On one of our breaks, I decided what the heck and took the HPT into the ladies room with me. I POAS and tucked it back into the wrapper and went back to my desk. As soon as I took it out, I started to shake. There it was, the word "PREGNANT" staring back at me !!!! I had prepped myself for it to be negative by saying how early it was and how digitals were less sensitive. I then proceeded to call my nurse and BEG her to let me have the blood test early. Why should I wait until Sat ?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment