Wednesday, April 20, 2011

12/15/2010 - Starting IVF

So, here we are...starting the IVF process. I constantly feel like I am on a roller coaster of emotions. One minute I am excited, the next I am nervous. We have a 50/50 chance of this working. All this time, money,physical and emotional pain for basically a coin flip.
According to the IVF guidlines, for someone my age, they only recommend putting 1 embryo back in. Now I feel like my chances are less. We are going to be putting all our eggs into one basket for this embryo. We are planning on seeing what the actual doc that will preformthe transfer thinks, as we want to try to convince them to put back 2. Sure the risks of both of them "sticking" are there, but we would rather have 2 chances vs. none.
As soon as my period showed, I called up the RE and they started me on BCPs. Later that day, I was faxed over my calendar and they claled in the prescriptions for all my meds. Once I got my calendar, I call up my ( regular) endocrinoligist to let her know. She had me come in to check my thyroid again. If it is even the slightest bit "off", we will have some time to correct it before I start the injections to stimulate my overies.
Here is a picture of all my meds:
That is a whole lot of needles !!!! The only one's that really scare me are the IM one's. Thankfully only the PIO ( progesterone in oil) is IM, so the others are all injected into my stomach ( vs. my butt).
I'm not going to lie, I have had several nightmares the IM shots. I will not have to do them until after ET ( I think?) but it will still be at least 14 days of IM shots.
The things we do to try to have a baby !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment