Wednesday, April 20, 2011

1/5/2011- 5 Days In

Today will be the 5th day of stimming with Gonal-F & Repronex. I do not yet "feel" anything in my overies so I hope it's working ! I had my first monitering appointment yesterday. I had 7 follicles on my left side and 20 on my right ! My E2 ( estrogen) level was 108. I go back tomorrow to get checked again. It looks like I will be going every-other-day, now, until I trigger.
 
I'm not going to lie, my stomach is in pain. The Lupron shots were a breeze but these others are not fun at all. The worst part is that they end up creating a red welt. I'm so glad that it is not the summer as I would not be seen in a bathing suit with all these red welts on my stomach ! Not only do they look bad, but they hurt like hell ! Even just accidently brushing my hand against my stomach causes them to hurt. The wort part? Because of the size of the welts, there isn't much room left for the injections. I end up having to either use a spot twice ( once for the Lupron & then the stimms) which end up making it tough to inject, or I have to inject something into one of the welts. OUCH!
 
It pains me to think that so many women can get pregnant naturally ( or accidently) and here I am having to cause myself pain in order for a 50% chance. If you poll the women out there with kids, they will all say that they want their babies. I understand that. However, this child will be the most wanted one ever ! If I am willing to do all this to bring them into this world, I hope they always know just how much both their father and I want them and just how much they are loved. Heck, I am not even pregnant yet and already love my child that is not even there yet.
 
Ok. Back to work. I'll update in a few days as to my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment